Meaning of mock
Pronunciation: (mok), [key]
- to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
- to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
- to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.
- to challenge; defy: His actions mock convention.
- to deceive, delude, or disappoint.
- to use ridicule or derision; scoff; jeer (often fol. by at).
- to build a mock-up of.
- a contemptuous or derisive imitative action or speech; mockery or derision.
- something mocked or derided; an object of derision.
- an imitation; counterfeit; fake.
- a hard pattern representing the surface of a plate with a warped form, upon which the plate is beaten to shape after furnacing.
- bed (def. 23).
- feigned; not real; sham: a mock battle.
- mock (Thesaurus)