Meaning of multiplex
Pronunciation: (mul'tu-pleks"), [key]
- having many parts or aspects: the multiplex problem of drug abuse.
- manifold; multiple: the multiplex opportunities in high technology.
- of, pertaining to, or using equipment permitting the simultaneous transmission of two or more trains of signals or messages over a single channel.
- to arrange (a circuit) for use by multiplex telegraphy.
- to transmit (two or more signals or messages) by a multiplex system, circuit, or the like.
- to send several messages or signals simultaneously, as by multiplex telegraphy.
- a multiplex electronics system.
- (in map making) a stereoscopic device that makes it possible to view pairs of aerial photographs in three dimensions.
- Also calleda group of two or more motion-picture theaters on the same site or in the same building, esp. a cluster of adjoining theaters.
- multiplex (Thesaurus)