Meaning of negotiate
Pronunciation: (ni-gō'shē-āt"), [key]
— v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to deal or bargain with another or others, as in the preparation of a treaty or contract or in preliminaries to a business deal.
- to arrange for or bring about by discussion and settlement of terms: to negotiate a loan.
- to manage; transact; conduct: He negotiated an important business deal.
- to move through, around, or over in a satisfactory manner: to negotiate a difficult dance step without tripping: to negotiate sharp curves.
- to transfer (a draft, promissory note, etc.) to a new owner by endorsement and delivery or by delivery.
- negotiate (Thesaurus)