nervous: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nûr'vus), [key]
- highly excitable; unnaturally or acutely uneasy or apprehensive: to become nervous under stress.
- of or pertaining to the nerves: nervous tension.
- affecting the nerves: nervous diseases.
- suffering from, characterized by, or originating in disordered nerves.
- characterized by or attended with acute uneasiness or apprehension: a nervous moment for us all.
- having or containing nerves.
- sinewy or strong.
- vigorous or spirited.
- nervous (Thesaurus)