node: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nōd), [key]
- a knot, protuberance, or knob.
- a centering point of component parts.
- a knotlike mass of tissue: lymph node.
- circumscribed swelling.
- a joint in a stem.
- a part of a stem that normally bears a leaf.
- knot (def. 12).
- a point on a curve or surface at which there can be more than one tangent line or tangent plane.
- a point, line, or region in a standing wave at which there is relatively little or no vibration.
- either of the two points at which the orbit of a heavenly body intersects a given plane, esp. the plane of the ecliptic or of the celestial equator. Cf.
- an element of a tree diagram that represents a constituent of a linguistic construction.
- node (Thesaurus)