Meaning of nursery
Pronunciation: (nûr'su-rē), [key]
— pl. -er•ies.
- a room or place set apart for young children.
- a nursery school or day nursery.
- a place where young trees or other plants are raised for transplanting, for sale, or for experimental study.
- any place in which something is bred, nourished, or fostered: The art institute has been the nursery of much great painting.
- any situation, condition, circumstance, practice, etc., serving to breed or foster something: Slums are nurseries for young criminals.
- nursery (Thesaurus)