obey: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ō-bā'), [key]
- to comply with or follow the commands, restrictions, wishes, or instructions of: to obey one's parents.
- to comply with or follow (a command, restriction, wish, instruction, etc.).
- (of things) to respond conformably in action to: The car obeyed the slightest touch of the steering wheel.
- to submit or conform in action to (some guiding principle, impulse, one's conscience, etc.).
- to be obedient: to agree to obey.
- obey (Thesaurus)