observer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ub-zûr'vur), [key]
- someone or something that observes.
- a delegate to an assembly or gathering, who is sent to observe and report but not to take part officially in its activities.
- a member of an aircrew, other than the pilot, holding an aeronautical rating.
- a person who maintains observation in an aircraft during flight.
- Also calleda person who serves in an aircraft as a reconnoiterer and directs artillery fire.
- observer (Thesaurus)