occlusion: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-kl'zhun), [key]
- the act or state of occluding or the state of being occluded.
- the fitting together of the teeth of the lower jaw with the corresponding teeth of the upper jaw when the jaws are closed.
- closure or blockage of a blood vessel: coronary occlusion.
- momentary complete closure at some area in the vocal tract, causing stoppage of the flow of air and accumulation of pressure.
- the formation of an occluded front.
- Seeoccluded front.
- occlusion (Thesaurus)