Meaning of offshore
Pronunciation: (ôf'shôr', -shōr', of'-), [key]
- off or away from the shore: They pushed the boat offshore.
- at a distance from the shore, on a body of water: looking for oil offshore.
- in a foreign country.
- moving or tending away from the shore toward or into a body of water: an offshore wind.
- located or operating on a body of water, at some distance from the shore: offshore fisheries.
- registered, located, conducted, or operated in a foreign country: an off-shore investment company; off-shore manufacture of car parts.
- offshore (Thesaurus)