Meaning of otherwise
Pronunciation: (u'ur-wīz"), [key]
- under other circumstances: Otherwise they may get broken.
- in another manner; differently: Under the circumstances, I can't believe otherwise.
- in other respects: an otherwise happy life.
- or else; if not: Button up your overcoat, otherwise you'll catch cold.
- other or different; of another nature or kind: We hoped his behavior would be otherwise.
- in other or different circumstances: An otherwise pleasure had become a grinding chore.
- otherwise (Thesaurus)