Meaning of ourselves
Pronunciation: (är-selvz', our-, ou"ur-), [key]
- a reflexive form of(used as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the direct object of a preposition): We are deceiving ourselves. Give us a moment to ourselves.
- (used as an intensive with we): We ourselves would never say such a thing.
- (used in place oforesp. in compound subjects, objects, and complements): The children and ourselves thank you kindly. When it satisfies ourselves, it will be ready to market. The ones who really want the new system are the manager and ourselves.
- (used in place oforafter as, than, or but): How many parents are as fortunate as ourselves? No one loves skiing more than ourselves. Nobody heard it but ourselves.
- our customary, normal, or healthy selves: After a good rest, we're almost ourselves again.