outgo: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (out'gō"), [key]
— n., pl. v., -goes, -went, -gone, -go•ing.
- the act or process of going out: Her illness occasioned a tremendous outgo of affectionate concern.
- money paid out; expenditure: a record of income and outgo.
- something that goes out; outflow: The outgo of electrical energy had to be increased.
- to go beyond; outdistance: to outgo the minimum rquirements.
- to surpass, excel, or outdo: Each child was encouraged to outgo the others.
- to go faster than; excel in speed.
- outgo (Thesaurus)