Meaning of overcharge
Pronunciation: (v.ō"vur-chärj'n.ō'vur-chärj"), [key]
— v., n. -charged, -charg•ing,
- to charge (a purchaser) too high a price: When the manager realized we'd been overcharged, she gave us a credit for the difference.
- to fill too full; overload.
- to exaggerate: to overcharge the importance of ancestry.
- to make an excessive charge; charge too much for something.
- a charge in excess of a stated or just price.
- an act of overcharging.
- an excessive load.
- overcharge (Thesaurus)