Meaning of overdraft
Pronunciation: (ō'vur-draft", -dräft"), [key]
- an act or instance of overdrawing a checking account.
- a check overdrawn on a checking account.
- the amount overdrawn.
- an excessive drawing on or drawing off of something.
- a draft made to pass over a fire, as in a furnace.
- a draft passing downward through a kiln.
- a tendency of a rolled piece to curve upward after passing through a stand, occurring when the lower roll is faster than the upper. Cf.
- overdraft (Thesaurus)