Meaning of parlor
Pronunciation: (pär'lur), [key]
- a room for the reception and entertainment of visitors to one's home; living room.
- a room, apartment, or building serving as a place of business for certain businesses or professions: funeral parlor; beauty parlor.
- a somewhat private room in a hotel, club, or the like for relaxation, conversation, etc.; lounge.
- Also calleda room in a monastery or the like where the inhabitants may converse with visitors or with each other.
- advocating something, as a political view or doctrine, at a safe remove from actual involvement in or commitment to action: parlor leftism; parlor pink.
- parlor (Thesaurus)