Meaning of parting
Pronunciation: (pär'ting), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that parts.
- a division or separation.
- a place of division or separation.
- a departure or leave-taking.
- something that serves to part or separate things.
- a fracture of a crystal along a plane determined by twinning or pressure rather than along a cleavage plane.
- given, happening, taken, done, etc., at parting: a parting glance.
- of or pertaining to parting, leave-taking, departure, or death: parting words.
- ending or taking leave: the parting day.
- dividing or separating.
- parting (Thesaurus)