Meaning of payload
Pronunciation: (pā'lōd"), [key]
- the part of a cargo producing revenue or income, usually expressed in weight.
- the number of paying passengers, as on an airplane.
- a payload of 50 megatons.
- the bomb load, warhead, cargo, or passengers of an aircraft, a rocket, missile, etc., for delivery at a target or destination.
- the total complement of equipment carried by a spacecraft for the performance of a particular mission in space.
- the explosive energy of the warhead of a missile or of the bomb load of an aircraft:a payload of 50 megatons.
- payload (Thesaurus)