Meaning of Philip VI
Pronunciation: (fil'ip), [key]
- one of the 12 apostles. Mark 3:18; John 1:43–48; 6:5–7.
- one of the leaders of the Christian Hellenists in the early church in Jerusalem who afterwards became an evangelist and missionary. Acts 6; 8:26–40.
- (Metacomet), died 1676, North American Indian chief: sachem of the Wampanoag tribe 1662–76; leader of the Indians in King Philip's War.
- born 1921, consort of Elizabeth II.
- a male given name: from a Greek word meaning “lover of horses.”
- philip (Thesaurus)