Meaning of pie
- a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and often topped with a pastry crust: apple pie; meat pie.
- a layer cake with a filling of custard, cream jelly, or the like: chocolate cream pie.
- a total or whole that can be divided: They want a bigger part of the profit pie.
- an activity or affair: He has his finger in the political pie too.
- extremely easy or simple.
- extremely well-behaved, agreeable, or the like: The children were nice as pie.
- Political promises are often pie in the sky.
- the illusory prospect of future benefits:Political promises are often pie in the sky.
- a state of perfect happiness; utopia:to promise pie in the sky.
— pied, pie•ing.
- (in England before the Reformation) a book of ecclesiastical rules for finding the particulars of the service for the day.
- a former bronze coin of India, the 12th part of an anna. Cf.
- pie (Thesaurus)