Meaning of popular
Pronunciation: (pop'yu-lur), [key]
- regarded with favor, approval, or affection by people in general: a popular preacher.
- regarded with favor, approval, or affection by an acquaintance or acquaintances: He's not very popular with me just now.
- of, pertaining to, or representing the people, esp. the common people: popular discontent.
- of the people as a whole, esp. of all citizens of a nation or state qualified to participate in an election: popular suffrage; the popular vote; popular representation.
- prevailing among the people generally: a popular superstition.
- suited to or intended for the general masses of people: popular music.
- adapted to the ordinary intelligence or taste: popular lectures on science.
- suited to the means of ordinary people; not expensive: popular prices on all tickets.
- popular (Thesaurus)