posterior: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (po-stēr'ē-ur, pō-), [key]
- situated behind or at the rear of; hinder (opposed to anterior).
- coming after in order, as in a series.
- coming after in time; later; subsequent (sometimes fol. by to).
- (in quadrupeds) pertaining to or toward the rear or caudal end of the body.
- (in humans and other primates) pertaining to or toward the back plane of the body, equivalent to the dorsal surface of quadrupeds.
- toward the back and near the main axis, as the upper lip of a flower.
- the hinder parts or rump of the body; buttocks.
- posterior (Thesaurus)