Meaning of predatory
Pronunciation: (pred'u-tôr"ē, -tōr"ē), [key]
- preying upon other organisms for food.
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by plunder, pillage, robbery, or exploitation: predatory tactics.
- engaging in or living by these activities: predatory bands of brigands.
- excessive or exploitive in amount or cost, as out of greed or to take advantage of consumers or patrons: predatory pricing.
- acting with or possessed by overbearing, rapacious, or selfish motives: He was cornered at the party by a predatory reporter.
- predatory (Thesaurus)