Meaning of privy
Pronunciation: (priv'ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. priv•i•er, priv•i•est, priv•ies.
- participating in the knowledge of something private or secret (usually fol. by to): Many persons were privy to the plot.
- private; assigned to private uses.
- belonging or pertaining to some particular person, esp. with reference to a sovereign.
- secret, concealed, hidden, or secluded.
- acting or done in secret.
- outhouse (def. 1).
- a person participating directly in or having a derivative interest in a legal transaction.
- privy (Thesaurus)