Meaning of proceed
Pronunciation: (v.pru-sēd'n.prō'sēd), [key]
- to move or go forward or onward, esp. after stopping.
- to carry on or continue any action or process.
- to go on to do something.
- to continue one's discourse.
- to begin and carry on a legal action.
- to take legal action (usually fol. by against).
- to be carried on, as an action or process.
- to go or come forth; issue (often fol. by from).
- to arise, originate, or result (usually fol. by from).
- The proceeds from the deal were divided equally among us.
- something that results or accrues.
- the total amount derived from a sale or other transaction:The proceeds from the deal were divided equally among us.
- the profits or returns from a sale, investment, etc.
- proceed (Thesaurus)