Meaning of proclaim
Pronunciation: (prō-klām', pru-), [key]
- to announce or declare in an official or formal manner: to proclaim war.
- to announce or declare in an open or ostentatious way: to proclaim one's opinions.
- to indicate or make known publicly or openly.
- to extol or praise publicly: Let them proclaim the Lord.
- to declare (a territory, district, etc.) subject to particular legal restrictions.
- to declare to be an outlaw, evildoer, or the like.
- to denounce or prohibit publicly.
- to make a proclamation.
- proclaim (Thesaurus)