Meaning of propaganda
Pronunciation: (prop"u-gan'du), [key]
- information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
- the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
- the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
- a committee of cardinals, established in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV, having supervision over foreign missions and the training of priests for these missions.
- a school(College of Propaganda)established by Pope Urban VIII for the education of priests for foreign missions.
- an organization or movement for the spreading of propaganda.
- propaganda (Thesaurus)