Meaning of propose
Pronunciation: (pru-pōz'), [key]
— v., -posed, -pos•ing.
- to offer or suggest (a matter, subject, case, etc.) for consideration, acceptance, or action: to propose a new method.
- to offer (a toast).
- to suggest: He proposed that a messenger be sent.
- to present or nominate (a person) for some position, office, membership, etc.
- to put before oneself as something to be done; design; intend.
- to present to the mind or attention; state.
- to propound (a question, riddle, etc.).
- to make an offer or suggestion, esp. of marriage.
- to form or consider a purpose or design.
- propose (Thesaurus)