Meaning of provisional
Pronunciation: (pru-vizh'u-nl), [key]
- providing or serving for the time being only; existing only until permanently or properly replaced; temporary: a provisional government.
- accepted or adopted tentatively; conditional; probationary.
- (usually cap.) of or being the wing of the Irish Republican Army that follows a policy of violence.
- a stamp that serves temporarily, pending the appearance of the regular issue, or during a temporary shortage of the regular stamps.
- a provisional member of a group.
- (usually cap.) a member of the Provisional wing of the Irish Republican Army.
- provisional (Thesaurus)