Meaning of quantity
Pronunciation: (kwon'ti-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- a particular or indefinite amount of anything: a small quantity of milk; the ocean's vast quantity of fish.
- an exact or specified amount or measure: Mix the ingredients in the quantities called for.
- a considerable or great amount: to extract ore in quantity.
- the property of magnitude involving comparability with other magnitudes.
- something having magnitude, or size, extent, amount, or the like.
- magnitude, size, volume, area, or length.
- the length or duration of a note.
- the character of a proposition as singular, universal, particular, or mixed, according to the presence or absence of certain kinds of quantifiers.
- that amount, degree, etc., in terms of which another is greater or lesser.
- the relative duration or length of a sound or a syllable, with respect to the time spent in pronouncing it; length.
- the nature of an estate as affected by its duration in time.
- quantity (Thesaurus)