radiate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.rā'dē-āt"adj.rā'dē-it, -āt"), [key]
— v., adj. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to extend, spread, or move like rays or radii from a center.
- to emit rays, as of light or heat; irradiate.
- to issue or proceed in rays.
- (of persons) to project or glow with cheerfulness, joy, etc.: She simply radiates with good humor.
- to emit in rays; disseminate, as from a center.
- (of persons) to project (joy, goodwill, etc.).
- radiating from a center.
- having rays extending from a central point or part: a coin showing a radiate head.
- radiating symmetrically.
- radiate (Thesaurus)