ragged: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rag'id), [key]
- clothed in tattered garments: a ragged old man.
- torn or worn to rags; tattered: ragged clothing.
- shaggy, as an animal, its coat, etc.
- having loose or hanging shreds or fragmentary bits: a ragged wound.
- full of rough or sharp projections; jagged: ragged stones.
- in a wild or neglected state: a ragged garden.
- rough, imperfect, or faulty: a ragged piece of work.
- harsh, as sound, the voice, etc.
- (of a column of type) set or printed with one side unjustified; either flush left with the right side unjustifiedor flush right with the left side unjustified
- ragged (Thesaurus)