ravel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rav'ul), [key]
— v., n. -eled, -el•ing -elled, -el•ling,
- to disentangle or unravel the threads or fibers of (a woven or knitted fabric, rope, etc.).
- to tangle or entangle.
- to involve; confuse; perplex.
- to make clear; unravel (often fol. by out).
- to become disjoined thread by thread or fiber by fiber; fray.
- to become tangled.
- to become confused or perplexed.
- (of a road surface) to lose aggregate.
- a tangle or complication.
Pronunciation: (ru-vel' Fr. ra-vel'), [key]
- 1875–1937, French composer.
- ravel (Thesaurus)