Meaning of rebel
Pronunciation: (n., adj.reb'ulv.ri&sylpbel'), [key]
— n., adj., v., -belled, -bel•ling.
- a person who refuses allegiance to, resists, or rises in arms against the government or ruler of his or her country.
- a person who resists any authority, control, or tradition.
- rebellious; defiant.
- of or pertaining to rebels.
- to reject, resist, or rise in arms against one's government or ruler.
- to resist or rise against some authority, control, or tradition.
- to show or feel utter repugnance: His very soul rebelled at spanking the child.
- rebel (Thesaurus)