receptive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-sep'tiv), [key]
- having the quality of receiving, taking in, or admitting.
- able or quick to receive knowledge, ideas, etc.: a receptive mind.
- willing or inclined to receive suggestions, offers, etc., with favor: a receptive listener.
- of or pertaining to reception or receptors: a receptive end organ.
- (in language learning) of or pertaining to the language skills of listening and reading (opposed to productive).
- receptive (Thesaurus)