Meaning of recorder
Pronunciation: (ri-kôr'dur), [key]
- a person who records, esp. as an official duty.
- a judge in a city or borough court.
- (formerly) the legal adviser of a city or borough, with responsibility for keeping a record of legal actions and local customs.
- a recording or registering apparatus or device.
- a device for recording sound, images, or data by electrical, magnetic, or optical means.
- an end-blown flute having a fipple mouthpiece, eight finger holes, and a soft, mellow tone.
- recorder (Thesaurus)