Meaning of recovery
Pronunciation: (ri-kuv'u-rē), [key]
— pl. -er•ies.
- an act of recovering.
- the regaining of or possibility of regaining something lost or taken away.
- restoration or return to health from sickness.
- restoration or return to any former and better state or condition.
- time required for recovering.
- something that is gained in recovering.
- an improvement in the economy marking the end of a recession or decline.
- the regaining of substances in usable form, as from refuse material or waste products.
- the obtaining of right to something by verdict or judgment of a court of law.
- an act or instance of recovering a fumble.
- the movement to the position of guard after a lunge.
- a return to a former position for making the next stroke.
- recovery (Thesaurus)