remembrance: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-mem'bruns), [key]
- a retained mental impression; memory.
- the act or fact of remembering.
- the power or faculty of remembering.
- the length of time over which recollection or memory extends.
- the state of being remembered; commemoration: to hold someone's name in remembrance.
- something that serves to bring to mind or keep in mind some place, person, event, etc.; memento.
- a gift given as a token of love or friendship: I sent her a small remembrance on Mother's Day.
- greetings; respects.
- remembrance (Thesaurus)