reproach: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-prōch'), [key]
- to find fault with (a person, group, etc.); blame; censure.
- to upbraid.
- to be a cause of blame or discredit to.
- blame or censure conveyed in disapproval: a term of reproach.
- an expression of upbraiding, censure, or reproof.
- disgrace, discredit, or blame incurred: to bring reproach on one's family.
- a cause or occasion of disgrace or discredit.
- Also calleda series of antiphons sung in church on Good Friday, consisting of words addressed by Christ to His people, reminding them of His mercies and of their ingratitude.
- an object of scorn or contempt.
- reproach (Thesaurus)