resonant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rez'u-nunt), [key]
- resounding or echoing, as sounds: the resonant thundering of cannons being fired.
- deep and full of resonance: a resonant voice.
- pertaining to resonance.
- producing resonance; causing amplification or sustention of sound.
- pertaining to a system in a state of resonance, esp. with respect to sound.
- a vowel or a voiced consonant or semivowel that is neither a stop nor an affricate, as, in English, (m, ng, n, l, r, y, w).
- resonant (Thesaurus)