Meaning of retirement
Pronunciation: (ri-tīr'munt), [key]
- the act of retiring or the state of being retired.
- removal or withdrawal from service, office, or business.
- the portion of a person's life during which a person is retired.
- a pension or other income on which a retired person lives: His retirement is barely enough to pay the rent.
- withdrawal into privacy or seclusion.
- privacy or seclusion.
- a private or secluded place.
- orderly withdrawal of a military force, according to plan, without pressure from the enemy.
- withdrawal of securities from the market by a corporation, as through payment at maturity, repurchase, or exchange.
- noting or pertaining to retirement: retirement pay.
- retirement (Thesaurus)