Meaning of retouch
Pronunciation: (v.rē-tuch'n.rē'tuch&sec, rē-tuch'), [key]
- to improve with new touches, highlights, or the like; touch up or rework, as a painting or makeup.
- to alter (a negative or positive) after development by adding or removing lines, lightening areas, etc., with a pencil, brush, or knife.
- to dye, tint, or bleach (a new growth of hair) to match or blend with the color of an earlier and previously dyed growth.
- an added touch to a picture, painting, paint job, etc., by way of improvement or alteration.
- an act or instance of dyeing new growth of hair to blend with previously dyed hair.
- retouch (Thesaurus)