Meaning of reverberation
Pronunciation: (ri-vûr"bu-rā'shun), [key]
- a reechoed sound.
- the fact of being reverberated or reflected.
- something that is reverberated: Reverberations from the explosion were felt within a six-mile radius.
- an act or instance of reverberating.
- the persistence of a sound after its source has stopped, caused by multiple reflection of the sound within a closed space.
- the act or process of subjecting something to reflected heat, as in a reverberatory furnace.
- reverberation (Thesaurus)