reverence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rev'ur-uns, rev'runs), [key]
— n., v., -enced, -enc•ing.
- a feeling or attitude of deep respect tinged with awe; veneration.
- the outward manifestation of this feeling: to pay reverence.
- a gesture indicative of deep respect; an obeisance, bow, or curtsy.
- the state of being revered.
- (cap.) a title used in addressing or mentioning a member of the clergy (usually prec. by your or his).
- to regard or treat with reverence; venerate: One should reverence God and His laws.
- reverence (Thesaurus)