roost: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rst), [key]
- a perch upon which birds or fowls rest at night.
- a large cage, house, or place for fowls or birds to roost in.
- a place for sitting, resting, or lodging.
- to be in charge or control; dominate: It was only too apparent that his grandfather ruled the roost.
- to sit or rest on a roost, perch, etc.
- to settle or stay, esp. for the night.
- (of an action) to revert or react unfavorably to the doer; boomerang: an evil deed that came home to roost and ruined his life.
- roost (Thesaurus)