roundel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (roun'dl), [key]
- something round or circular.
- a small, round pane or window.
- a decorative plate, panel, tablet, or the like, round in form.
- a round piece of colored gelatin or glass placed over stage lights as a color medium to obtain lighting effects.
- a metal disk that protects the armpit.
- a metal disk on a hafted weapon or a dagger to protect the hand.
- a small circular charge.
- a rondel or rondeau.
- a modification of the rondeau, consisting of nine lines with two refrains.
- a round dance.
- roundel (Thesaurus)