royalty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (roi'ul-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- royal persons collectively.
- royal status, dignity, or power; sovereignty: to be elevated to royalty.
- a person of royal lineage; member of a royal family.
- prerogatives, rights, or symbolic emblems of a king, queen, or other sovereign.
- a royal domain; kingdom; realm.
- character or quality proper to or befitting a sovereign; nobility.
- a compensation or portion of the proceeds paid to the owner of a right, as a patent or oil or mineral right, for the use of it.
- an agreed portion of the income from a work paid to its author, composer, etc., usually a percentage of the retail price of each copy sold.
- a royal right, as over minerals, granted by a sovereign to a person or corporation.
- the payment made for such a right.
- royalty (Thesaurus)