Meaning of seeder
Pronunciation: (sē'dur), [key]
- a person or thing that seeds.
- any of various apparatus for sowing seeds in the ground, ranging from simple devices that deposit seed evenly over a plot of land to complex machines that prepare a hole in the earth, insert a seed or seeds at the proper depth, and cover the hole again.
- a plant that produces many seeds, esp. one grown mainly to produce seeds for growing other plants.
- a device or utensil for removing seeds, as from grapefruit.
- a device used to scatter particles of silver iodide, carbon dioxide, etc., in clouds to induce precipitation.
- seeder (Thesaurus)