servile: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sûr'vil, -vīl), [key]
- slavishly submissive or obsequious; fawning: servile flatterers.
- characteristic of, proper to, or customary for slaves; abject: servile obedience.
- yielding slavishly; truckling (usually fol. by to).
- extremely imitative, esp. in the arts; lacking in originality.
- being in slavery; oppressed.
- of, pertaining to, or involving slaves or servants.
- of or pertaining to a condition of servitude or property ownership in which a person is held as a slave or as partially enslaved: medieval rebellions against servile laws.
- servile (Thesaurus)