Meaning of set point
- the point that if won would enable the scorer or his or her side to win the set.
Pronunciation: (set'point"), [key]
- the desired value in a closed-loop feedback system, as in regulation of temperature or pressure.
- the point at which a thermostat has been set, as for optimum efficiency.
- an internal regulatory system for maintaining a relatively stable physiological condition in the face of changing external circumstances, as body temperature in a varying climate. Cf.
- a hypothetical regulator in the body that maintains a relatively stable body weight.
- the weight range thus theoretically maintained.
- set point (Thesaurus)